Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a motor that I bought and put a little work into. Now im in a situation that I'm needing some cash pretty bad and have no clue what to value this motor at.
Its a 350 block with a 327 large journal crank. It has a large cam, 196-202 heads. Edlebrock performer intake w/ Edebrock performer 750CFM carb. It also has Dome pistions with 12.5:1 compression. I also put a chrome kit on the motor just for a little dress up. Behind it I have a 700r4 tranny (junk in my mind) with a 1500, 2000 stall in it. The motor is currently in an 85 Pontiac Firebird. The car is not in great shape and I dont really put much of a value on it. Unfortunately I dont have any brand names of the parts that were put into this motor. If anyone can help me out here please get hold of me. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess im not sure what your saying by used parts. The parts were all new when they were put into the motor. I was giving a price of 1,000 from a friend on it and he owns a performance shop. Guess I was wanting a second opinion. Your saying a few hundred bucks? Yes it runs well.

·
Google "Tunnel Ram 406"
1,137 Posts
Considering that your 327 has 12.5:1 compression. Try to find gas for that engine is not going to be easy. The 327 is set up for track use. A few hundred bucks is what is worth. Because it's going to cost hundreds of dollars just to drop the compression in order to run it on the street. :sweat:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.