Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: hey guys ,you all have great advise,now ,i want to know something for myself,i'm trying to build a 377ci sbc std. bore 350 ,400 crank journals already down to 2.45 ,using 5.565 ,rods ,so no clearence problems on oil pan rails ,what piston do i need to use for this combo,the stock 350 or do i need custom pistons,any advise ,please post ,thanks interceptor429:thumbup:

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
You`ll need stock compression height (1.560) 350 pistons. While I don`t recommend the use of 5.565 rods, they will work, I would at least have new bolts installed in them just to be safe.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
are you building a 377 or 383cause i think you're starting out backward.377 would be a 400 and 350 crank.you want to use the 350 rods and if you go to racers outlet in ebay stores you will find the pistons you need.speed pro hypereutectic with the coating on the sides for about 170.00.you need to know what size your combustion chamber is and you match thaat up with the piston info for the c.r. that you want to end up with.i just bought a set for my 406.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:thumbup: thanks double vision thays what i thought ,but i'd rather have someone elses input other than my own ,thanks again,i'm using 5.565 so i wont have to grind the bottom of the block where the rod bolts are near the oil rails ,i think the 5.7s will just hit there,and nova 406 i know what you are saying ,but the 350 with 400 crank will make a 377 also ,if you leave the block standard bore ,if you bore it .030 it will make a 383 ,thanks any wayi knew i could count on you guys on here ,later interceptor429:thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.