Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stroking the inline six

thanks!but i don t want to fit a blower on my jeep i already have a lpg conversion on it and the underhood space is already thight .i think a high compression engine will work better on lpg cause lpg has a high octane rating..what do you think?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi! i could have fit a turbo cos my dad have plenty of knwoledge on turbo conversion ..but i d like to have stock looking engine with more displacement and higher r.c. ratio .i got a lpg conversion so i can push compression higher with no problem of pinking ..my engine has over 210.000kilometer and has piston knoking when it s cold..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i m looking for a torqueir motor tha s the reason why i want more cc...furthermore with lpg you loose 10%power and torque .. i need a more responsive engine down low . the reason why i fitted lpg is partly to reduce fuel expense and in italy where i live we also pay less for road tax ..if you are a gear head like me you should also know that lpg has between 105 to 108 octane rating so if you increase your engine c.r. you get more torque and better fuel economy cos you don t need to downshift so much on the hills

·
Registered
433 Posts
How much are you paying for a litre of unleaded. We are paying $1.45 per litre here and i have tuned my 347 to run on 93 octane. LPG here is 70 cents per litre but i dont think it is rated at 103.
Al.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
we pay between 1.92 to 2. euro for 95 0ctane unleaded.2.12 for 100 octane shell v power.and over0.92 cents for lpg..the octane rating on lpg depends on the amount of propane it contains...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.