Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My glove box wont open...when I put the key in to unlock it it wont budge... the lock mechanism will just fall out. Ive never got it open before, but I know there is still a compartment there. do yall know of anything that could get it open?

·
banned
1,083 Posts
What do you mean the lock mechanism just falls out?

If you really had to you could try sticking something in there to unlatch it (you might damage your dash)

Or since the lock is busted anyway you could try drilling it out... Then put the new one in

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
After the tumbler fall out you should be able to stick a small screwdriver in there and trip the finger that hold the latch. If not head to the local Chevy dealer and ask them what it looks like. All it consist of is a spring, a finger, and a push tumbler that when you push it trips the finger which is on a pivot so it drops away from the latch.

Kevin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Glovebox

Just wondering if you thought about removing the three nuts from under the dashboard that secure the bottom of the glovebox door. If this can be done it might allow you to remove it or move enough to get inside to trip the latch without scratching anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts