Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I dun learned sumthin
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a 70 Nova with a pretty stout 350 in it. Im going to swap to 3.73 or possibly 3.90 gears. Do you think that putting subframe connectors in it is worth it or do you think they are a waste of money. Keep in mind they would have to be bolt on because I don't have access to a welder. Its just that I've heard that subframe cars were pretty good at bending the bodies.

·
Glad To Be Here
2,240 Posts
NovaSS350 said:
Hey I have a 70 Nova with a pretty stout 350 in it. Im going to swap to 3.73 or possibly 3.90 gears. Do you think that putting subframe connectors in it is worth it or do you think they are a waste of money. Keep in mind they would have to be bolt on because I don't have access to a welder. Its just that I've heard that subframe cars were pretty good at bending the bodies.
If you plan to take your car to the track, you definitely would want to install the sub frame connectors. Even for street use and occasionally "getting on it" you would find the sub frame connectors well worth the addition.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I got bolt on tubular subframe connectors on my 86 Camaro,
stopped a load of sqeaking and the doors still shut with a clunk.
Why not bolt them on and later take it to a bodyshop and have them welded.
Only drawback with mine is they scrape speedbumps.

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
In spring of 1970 I took my new COPO 70 Nova SS to the drags. Headers, 4-speed, slapper bars, 4.33 gears, 10"slicks. After four passes the body cracked at the driver side rear roof seam (where the roof and quarter panel join). I had to learn the hard way! The next week, weld in connectors were installed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.