Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the things I appreciate about a lot of the older vehicles, was how clean and simple the engine compartments were. Not a lot of wiring and hoses, just the minimum.

For a lot of people looking at these muscle cars, hot rods etc. the main feature is the engine compartment. I want to emphasize this in our car.

Obviously this starts with the body work, so I am going to be spending a lot of time with sanding filling, and even perhaps some shrinking disc work on some of the wavy sections of sheet metal in the engine compartment.
The engine bay is going body colour. The car is going to be a weekend driver, so anything I do has to be functional and practical

The battery is going in the trunk, and I am re-routing as much wiring as possible, inside the frame rails.

I have seen some restorers /rodders using ridged pipe for sections of heater hose (rather than have lazy loops of hose) Does anyone know where to get these? I’d prefer polished stainless or aluminum tubing. Some sections would have to be bent and flared.

I am looking for some other suggestions on bodywork, electrical, and other to really make things look pretty. Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Heres my 65 engine bay.

I welded all the seams up.

Filled all unneeded holes.

Moved the horns off the radiator support to behind the headlight buckets.

Used a 1 wire alt. to get rid of the voltage reg.

Moved the battery to the trunk, moved the starter soenoid and MSD box to the glovebox.

Shaved the battery vent holes in the radiator support.

Moved the headlight wiring harness to the inside of the fenders, runs behind the radiator support to get to the other side. Welded in tabs to hold the wiring. No holes in radiator support like stock.

Theres a few other little suble touches but you get the idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.