Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking at these lifters and was wondering if they would be any good for mainly part time light street duty with maybe a drag or two thrown in. The engine probably won't be good for no more than about 6,000 rpm. They look like some of the lifters that Elgin makes and also look like some other brands of lifters. I know looking the same doesn't necessarily mean the same but I though I'd get some information from you guys.

FORD Summit Racing SUM-HT220 Summit Racing® Hydraulic Roller Lifters | Summit Racing

FORD Trick Flow Specialties TFS-21400004 Trick Flow® Hydraulic Lifters and Lash Adjusters | Summit Racing

FORD Sealed Power HT2205 Sealed Power Hydraulic Roller Lifters | Summit Racing

FORD Ford Performance Parts M-6500-R302H Ford Performance Parts Hydraulic Roller Lifters | Summit Racing

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a factory 5.0 roller block. They appear to be the same as the Elgin lifters but can't say for certain. I just want something that won't come apart and destroy my engine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I recommend the Ford M-6500-R302H lifters. They're proven performers from what you're looking for. For a future upgrade if you're making more power with more RPM (and the rest of your valvetrain is up to par), you can always upgrade them with hardened steel lifter cups P/N M-6500-R302HLC.

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
8,827 Posts
I would guess all those lifters come from the same place and rebadged the box. I agree with XSPSI, the OEM lifters are a great for what your trying to do.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is my guess that they are all from the same place also and it would be Elgin. There is an Elgin branded lifter that is HL-2205 which is almost the same number as the Sealed Power lifter and it also looks the same.

I have to wonder though if the Ford lifter is the same or has different internals. I don't mind paying more for better but I hate to pay more for a name. I tried calling Elgin but they were busy so now I'll try calling Summit and see if they know anything about them.

I can say with certainty that this engine won't be ran hard very often and won't be upgraded for performance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.