Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
9,980 Posts
Welcome to Hotrodders

Your engine build thread is located Here

here on HR , we do not use foul language. Not even the simple cuss words. Sometimes a mis-spelled word happens and gets by the filters.

·
Wrench Turner
4,952 Posts
The intake manifold is a decent piece.I've used a couple with good results.Have no idea on the carb tho.Never used it,or,have any experience with that one.
Based on the parts I see you are wanting to use in the other thread,i would say that carb is gonna be too small.

·
Administrator
9,980 Posts
Sure thing, so are you here to help me with my question or?..
I am a moderator. We try to keep the forums on track.

You were posting the same question in multiple forum sections. That can confuse the situation for members that are trying to provide answers.

·
Registered
14,572 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
I read the reviews from the link you posted. Out side of one fellow not getting the whole "kit" at the same time, looks like a pretty good deal on an entry level build up.If you get the kit your asking about let us know how it all works out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The intake manifold is a decent piece.I've used a couple with good results.Have no idea on the carb tho.Never used it,or,have any experience with that one.
Based on the parts I see you are wanting to use in the other thread,i would say that carb is gonna be too small.
How much larger do you think id need?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I bought several intakes from summit for my builds and I can tell you the same company overseas that makes the ones for weiand is the same one who makes them for summit. I have the summit one and the exact same weiand one on the other and they are both the same exact same casting and even have the 8150 part number stamped underneath it and they have been great for many years for me. I also use a 600 holley vacuum secondary on one milder build and a 650 double pumper on a more radical build and both sbs's run plenty strong to 6000 rpm with a lot of nice torque and steet manners and can get 19 mpg to boot in my chevy s10's

·
Wrench Turner
4,952 Posts
How much larger do you think id need?
In your other thread you listed the 279 Thumper cam.If you replace those swirl port heads with a decent head & get the compression & build specs correct for that cam,it is capable of making way more power than a 600 carb can feed.You need to get your combo figured out 1st to see exactly what you need.If you don't replace those heads,the 600 will prolly work because you won't be much over 300 HP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts