Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 51 chevy and want to by mustang style front suspensions but which brand is best. There is a big dollar difference. I just want basic package with power steering. Need help

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
The Heidts Mustang II IFS is probably the easiest to install. All you really need is the crossmember and top hats. Everything else will simply be a bolt on stock Mustang II parts which you can get almost anywhere.

Good luck.

·
Banned
204 Posts
look them all over, and then make your decision...also please remember that everyones product is the best there is when talking to the salesman, it's the service and value after the sale that really counts. Front-ends are like any other part, and you will get what you pay for. Your goal should be the best value, and not the least expensive. This represents a huge investment and will determine the way your project drives, feels and performs. I recently bought a new front-end for my project, and thou I new what I wanted and thought I new who to go with, I still looked around and gave the other guys a chance. In the end, I ended up right back with the guys I originally thought was the best, Heidt. Yes there were cheaper front-ends out there to be had, but none better. Also, if re-sale value comes into play, you will make more money with Heidt.

·
A different breed
132 Posts
I talked to a guy thats installed quite a few, and he swears by the Fatman kit. Says its built the best, and is by far the best for adjustability, as it will allow more than 5 inches of travel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts