Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,
Just wondering if anyone was going to make it to Rockingham N.C. this weekend. I will be there friday afternoon until track closes at 10.
Hoping my 4050 pound Pig can break into the 13s!
Its a pretty big show and I know somebody around here has to live close by.
I just moved to Southern Pines which is about 30 mins away and not really knowing anyone around here yet...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Im just north of Fayetteville. Im not sure if im going yet or not though. I went to the Charlotte Auto fair last weekend, and im supposed to take a special tour of the battleship uss North Carolina the following weekend, so I may just stick around the house and try to get some stuff done.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok Guys, Its that time again. I am hoping to make it out to the show tomorrow.
Last time I went it must have been on a Friday, because the place was pretty slow and not many cars had showed up yet.
I am going to put my old backup Torque Converter in the truck today and will try to make it out to The Rock on Saturday.

Super Chevy Show and Drag Races! Rockingham North Carolina!!!!

Its really nice living 20 minutes away from the track. When I lived in Texas it was over an hour to the nearest track. San Antonio Speedway to the South, and Temple Academy to the East.
Maybe will see some of you there...

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok Guys, Its that time again. I am hoping to make it out to the show tomorrow.
Last time I went it must have been on a Friday, because the place was pretty slow and not many cars had showed up yet.
I am going to put my old backup Torque Converter in the truck today and will try to make it out to The Rock on Saturday.

Super Chevy Show and Drag Races! Rockingham North Carolina!!!!

Its really nice living 20 minutes away from the track. When I lived in Texas it was over an hour to the nearest track. San Antonio Speedway to the South, and Temple Academy to the East.
Maybe will see some of you there...
This weekend again.
Anybody going? I will be there stretching out some 1/4 mile passes...

·
True Hotrodder
1,156 Posts
Maybe - need to see what my kid thinks about heading down that way. Our luck with that track is not good and it goes back two generations at this point. I was racing an IHRA SS car there when in final time trial, the old 4 bbl decided to take a dump and spread gasoline over the entire staging lane area - what a freakin mess that was.

Then we were headed down one weekend with our Camaro, got about 8-9 miles down the interstate and the alternator said goodbye on the motorhome. We ended up getting back home and repaired the next day but the weekend was off at that point.

Two years later we go down for Rockingham's Appreciation Race. Saturday morning, it's pretty cold so getting the car fired is taking a bit of work, I decide to dump a little gas in and the engine coughs, backfires, catches my gloved hand on fire, I drop the cup of gas and we have a barbecue on our hands. Get that put out and things cleaned up, but we go out in 1st round.

Following day Sunday, we have our fresh carb on, get it fired with no issues. Make the first TT and the car shuts off mid-track. We get towed back to the pit and we can fire it up but there's no oil pressure. That ended up being a spun main.

So like I said - sorta depends on what he says....

·
True Hotrodder
1,156 Posts
Montpelier, VA just north of what was a half-decent city.

We race off and on at Piedmont, Galot, Fayetteville, Coastal Plains and Kinston.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Montpelier, VA just north of what was a half-decent city.

We race off and on at Piedmont, Galot, Fayetteville, Coastal Plains and Kinston.
I haven't been to Piedmont yet. As far as I can tell they do Sunday Funday, and it's free passes all day!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts