Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, wanted to show you something. I know some of you old school guys will appreciate them! This is a set of NHRA legal Super Stock heads. The rules state, 172cc, 63cc chamber, and 64cc exhaust. They come out of the box 185cc, 64 chamber, 85cc exhaust. The exhaust is raised and welded to the lower bolt holes. I have 55 hours in them. This set moves lots of air. Rules say with an aftermarket legal head, you need to be 50lbs heavier.

This set is going to Canada for FJ Smith. This is the fourth set I have done for him.

I hurt my hand and have a easy day and wanted to share. Any questions.. Ask!

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
about 25 years ago I saw a record holding SS/ Camaro engine scattered at a builders shop---the heads appeared to have intake ports raised with bronze or brass---the builder said the engine cost $25k to build, and looked like a bunch of stock parts on the outside.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
about 25 years ago I saw a record holding SS/ Camaro engine scattered at a builders shop---the heads appeared to have intake ports raised with bronze or brass---the builder said the engine cost $25k to build, and looked like a bunch of stock parts on the outside.
These engines are the definition of efficency. Most of the iron heads are brazed. Think about it, 172cc, 280cfm, 10-1, and the are making 670hp out of 358's now.

What your looking at is $5800

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.