Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
cutouts and 7k shifts = cops
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building my first blower motor for street and occasional strip use. It will be dropped in my '55 210 post car. I am on the fence for either a procharger (so I don't have to cut the hood) or an 8-71. I am using a 502 short block as my basis. I run 3/8" line right now with a holley blue pump, with a return line. Will this be enough for a 502 at WOT with either setup, or do i need to go bigger? the sump in my tank is a 3/8" NPT.

·
Hammer and a torch
1,254 Posts
Once you get above 400HP I would toss the idea of the 3/8ths line and go to a #8 or 1/2" for sure... On a big inch engine and with forced induction and even with a single carb which should be atleast a 1050 dominator the 1/2" line will need alot more than a Holley blue pump... Your getting into the BG 280-400 area at that point... (if its dual 1050`s then BG400 and no less or use dual BG280`s one for each carb)...

Or else you can observe what a lean-burnt set of ashtrays is... (full set of 8) :pain:

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
You will need more fuel than that 3/8" line can supply. Minimum would be #8 or 1/2".

As far as which blower to choose that's a tough question. The Procharger can make more power. The 8-71 will make more low end torque. If you are after all out performance/speed then the Procharger would bethe way to go. I like roots blowers personally and nothing looks better in a 55 (IMO). Either way you will have a beast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts