Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 Mustang, 302, 5-speed, trick flow twisted wedge ported aluminum heads, trick flow stage one cam, vortech supercharger running 9 pounds of boost. I am not too familiar with superchargers but willing to learn all that I can. Here is my problem. I can drive the car easy and it runs perfectly fine. but when I get on it, it starts cutting out (kind of sputtering with a ENORMOUS loss of power)when my boost gauges gets right at the zero mark. It does this EVERY SINGLE TIME. Initially I thought I was not getting enough fuel, so I changed my pump of 95lph to a 255lph. also changed spark plugs and wires. still runs like garbage. when I first had the charger hooked up and then ran, the car would haul a**. Anyone have any suggestions that would help me troubleshoot the problem? Need my power back!! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
222 Posts
It seems that your ignition system is not coping with the added pressure.Do a tune up with new cap/rotor/wires.If it does not do it,run the car on a dyno with a labscope plugged to it.You will diagnose in a second. Paulo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts