Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up, I'm brainstorming and reading a lot of information on supercharging internal combustion motors, and I have an old 350 layin' around. My ideal plan is to have a carbuerated engine using forced induction given by a centrifigual supercharger blowing down the carbuerator. Anyways, I'd be interested in specs of some similar setups that have been successful for street applications. I'm planning on running 93 octane from the pump, and I've got a stock 8.5 compression ratio. Is this too much compression for forced induction on pump gas? Anybody know how much boost she'll take without pinging horribly? Should I invest in a "Knock-Sensing" Timing Retard device to eliminate knock? And finally, how difficult is it to "pressure proof" the carbuerator? Sorry for all the questions, but answers to these and ANY OTHER related topics would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Brandon: Vortech and ATI have blow-through supercharger systems. Paxton's ball-drive is junk. An msd boost retard would be a good addition for in the field tuning timing under boost.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts