Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SuperDeluxe (who registered last night) has been permanently banned. Quenchpiston, after being suspended for 7 days for an attitude problem, broke a cardinal rule and re-registered under another user name.

Quenchpiston's suspension has also been made permanent. Normally this kind of communication is handled through PM's but when a member who has been around long enough to know better blatently violates the rules it's time everyone knew about it. Troll behavior will not be tolerated on HotRodders.com and Quenchpiston actions are that of a TROLL.

·
You got a leaky spark tube...
2,854 Posts
"They" seemed more or less to be more interested in picking a fight. "They" also seemed to get very condescending and rude to somebody who didn't agree with what "they" thought or believed. "They" talked very rudely to moderators that tried to give them advance warning of "their" actions. "They" deserved to be banned.

·
Hotrodders.com Administrator
3,190 Posts
Those who are active on other forums of this size will understand that we ban an extremely small portion of the population here. Prior to doing so, we usually expend several man-hours of discussion time in the moderator forum, send private messages, and try to solve the problem without a forceful disciplinary measure, and behind-the-scenes as much as is reasonable. In this case, the user got a 7-day ban, and then came back on the board under a fake username. It's a textbook situation for an IP address ban.

I was the one who permanently banned the IP address that QuenchPiston was using. If anyone has comments, suggestions, or constructive criticism on this issue, go ahead and post in the Site Suggestions and Help forum with your opinion -- I can't say that I'll change my mind, but, at very least, you'll have a chance to make your voice heard, and the result will be an archived discussion that permanently documents your perspective.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The "attitude" problem was really nothing big. He was given a 7 day suspension mainly to cool off. The violation that got him banned was registering using a second user name. Think of it as the difference between a misdemeanor and a felony.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yeah, I wondered about Quenchpiston, I'm new to this stuff and learning the formalities as I go. If someone sees me as rude I apologise in advance, if I see someone trying to pick a fight I just drop the thread.
Clearly moderators are there for that express reason and I'm glad of that, It's hard to give someone 14000 miles away a smack in the mouth, and not worth the effort - sorta reminds me of kids on cb radios in the 70s.
If any moderators think I'm out of line please let me know, like I said I'm still learning.
Happy new year, Ian.

·
Home School Valedictorian
1,639 Posts
IanRiordan said:
I wondered about Quenchpiston,
I had the same feeling about him/them. It can be interesting with some new members, watching what they post, and how they react to others responses. Watching over time if they are serious about learning and sharing rodding knowledge or are they bored/lonely/desperate/delusional and only here to see how much of an irritation they can be. Usually first impressions are correct.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.