Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Im looking to purchase some steering u-joints and bits and peices and realize I can get them at a number of different places at comparable prices but I'm curious if there is a vendor or two that supports this website that I can patronize to show my appreciation for their support. We have this on another board and it really works out well for everyone.

Thanks........John

·
Registered
95 Posts
JRork said:
Hi,
Im looking to purchase some steering u-joints and bits and peices and realize I can get them at a number of different places at comparable prices but I'm curious if there is a vendor or two that supports this website that I can patronize to show my appreciation for their support. We have this on another board and it really works out well for everyone.

Thanks........John
Hey Jon, great quest, however, we don't encourage vendors here on this site. This is a commercial free forum. It is good to support vendors, but I like to support my local supply house in my neighborhood over giving my money to a vendor in some other state outside of my own. :welcome:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okey Dokey.......just figured I'd ask as there is very little vendors in this neck of the woods (small town)... Thanks for the reply........John

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
There is a company review section here where you can read what other members have to say about their experiences with various vendors. Look in the upper right of your screen.

For steering components I have used Borgeson many times and found the quality to be excellent.

I have also used Flaming River. Their parts were OK.

I have recently been using Unisteer,from Maval. Their U-joints are constructed in such a way that the permissible angle of operation ,(of a single type U-joint), is greater than what borgeson or flaming river has to offer and I like the way they look better. The provision of attachment is a pinch type instead of a set screw. The parts have a nicer profile and fit in a tighter space than do either borgeson or flaming river.

Unisteer has some pretty cool racks and stuff too. I couldn't get their site to work, otherwise I would have put a link.

Sweet mfg,(available through speedway motors) is another alternative , they fit in an even tighter space than any of the previously mentioned parts, but they are structurally weaker.

None of those companies "support" the site in any way that I have seen..

I know that vendors are welcome here as long as they are not here to advertise their products. See the business posting guidelines for the official policy. Look here

I know there are a few companies that have a presence here, in that they answer questions regarding the type of products they sell, Air ride technologies, Barry grant, speedway motors and Southern polyurethanes are the companies that come to my mind. I'll bet there are more.

I would consider those companies to be supporters of this site because the members associated with them will answer questions about the type of product that they sell, but they don't limit their help to only their brand. :)

Later, mikey

·
Super Moderator
18,351 Posts
There is no problem recommending various venders here on the board.........as long as it is recommending, and you are not affiliated with that company.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
powerrodsmike said:
I know there are a few companies that have a presence here, in that they answer questions regarding the type of products they sell, Air ride technologies, Barry grant, speedway motors and Southern polyurethanes are the companies that come to my mind. I'll bet there are more.

I would consider those companies to be supporters of this site because the members associated with them will answer questions about the type of product that they sell, but they don't limit their help to only their brand. :)

Later, mikey
Fantastic. That's exactly what I was hoping for. Someone in the business that supports this board and offers their advice/experiance soley for the purpose of helping the gang out. I would prefer to do business with that type of a company any day. As far at the company review section, I'll look into that. Looking at the magazines it appears everybody is in the Streetrod business nowdays.

·
Registered
95 Posts
JRork said:
Okey Dokey.......just figured I'd ask as there is very little vendors in this neck of the woods (small town)... Thanks for the reply........John
Sorry to here of the lack of local shops there buddy......I didn't want to come off like an anul old fart, however there are several catalog shops with real good prices. I use the ClassicIndustries.com for most my old rides. And I use as many of a group to find hard to get parts. If there are stuff you need, we have many here who have stuff to share. Good luck in your quest. :welcome:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LordMaximo said:
Sorry to here of the lack of local shops there buddy......I didn't want to come off like an anul old fart, however there are several catalog shops with real good prices. I use the ClassicIndustries.com for most my old rides. And I use as many of a group to find hard to get parts. If there are stuff you need, we have many here who have stuff to share. Good luck in your quest. :welcome:
No worries. I'll check Classic out as well. Thanks for the reply..........John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts