Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a straight axle on this 29 Chevy frame. Anyone got any pictures of a similar frame with a straight axle that I can look at. I'm having trouble deciding where the spring perch should be mounted. Any help would be appreciated.
Here's a pic of the frame. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Howdy and welcome......just a shot in the dark here but are you going to mount the spring on top or behind the axle?? I would think that you would mount it to center the tires in the fender..........IF you're running fenders.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
327NUT said:
Howdy and welcome......just a shot in the dark here but are you going to mount the spring on top or behind the axle?? I would think that you would mount it to center the tires in the fender..........IF you're running fenders.
Not going to have fenders. If the perch is mounted on that cross member near the front of the frame, then it will be behind the axle, but the part of the frame forward of the cross member looks like it may interfere with the axle. Thoughts??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.