Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I've been looking at options to get my 4cyl Stang to gallop. It seems the only was to see substantial increase is a turbo swap...but Id rather run an 8. It is a 1991, and there is more electronics in the engine compartment than I know what to do with.

Is swapping a N/A v8 in a matter of putting it in and replacing sensors with ones designed for the 5.0? What if I go bigger than a 5.0 though?

How much could I expect to pay to get an engine swapped in? I would like to do it myself, but I dont want to mess around with electronics on my only car... :nono:

Thanks.

·
Banned
211 Posts
Go to the junk yard and find a low mileage 400 w/transmission. Buy a 4 barrel intake and carb and be happy. Or you could get an adapter to mate a 302-351 trans to it.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
BMM said:
Hello. I've been looking at options to get my 4cyl Stang to gallop. It seems the only was to see substantial increase is a turbo swap...but Id rather run an 8. It is a 1991, and there is more electronics in the engine compartment than I know what to do with.

Is swapping a N/A v8 in a matter of putting it in and replacing sensors with ones designed for the 5.0? What if I go bigger than a 5.0 though?

How much could I expect to pay to get an engine swapped in? I would like to do it myself, but I dont want to mess around with electronics on my only car... :nono:

Thanks.
you will have to do some research but... 1991 Ford Mustang would have EEC-Iv electronics, and I think all you need to do is find a 5.0 or 5.8 W/ EEC-Iv, put it in, and swap the ECU's, all wiring harness connectors should be the same. but check to make shure on it being EEC-Iv, but any way, it should work out good

·
Home School Valedictorian
1,639 Posts
I would look for a 5.0 web site, the 4 cyl to V8 is done all the time. I'm sure you will find all of the answers to your questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts