Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building an engine till next year. The plan is to first buy the engine, then modify it, and lastly buy a car (with or without engine) to put my newbuilt engine in.

I dont know whether i should go for the smallblock chevy or bigblock. Finding cars that are eqipped with bigblocks here in northern Europe is quite impossible, considering my wanted price range.

So, basically my question is: How hard is it, generally speaking, to swap a SBC to a BBC.

Which cars are most suitable for the job? The cars must be of model 1975 or earlier because of emission standards.

I havent done much car jobs before. The only reason I am considering building an engine myself is because there is so much litterature on the subject. Therefore i want a somewhat idiot-proof solution (I dont want to stand there with my built engine next year and dont have a car to put it in). I am not used to "custom-type" jobs like hammering firewalls, cutting wheelhouses and such at all.

All info, links, anything on the subject is appreciated. I have searched a lot in this forum but havent found much real info on the subject.

Thx

/John

·
Registered
48 Posts
well, i dont know much about the motor swap, ill leave that to the pros, but as for the emmisions...it can be from a 1980 and older, its only 25 years not 30. just a little heads up on that.

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
Gilligan said:
I am building an engine till next year. The plan is to first buy the engine, then modify it, and lastly buy a car (with or without engine) to put my newbuilt engine in.

So, basically my question is: How hard is it, generally speaking, to swap a SBC to a BBC.

/John

It's easy

Troy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts