Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey hotrodders,

I'm in the middle of my TH350 rebuild. I've started putting it all back together now. After installing the low clutch pack, I put the clutch spring in the case and install the center support. Everything seems to go together well, but no matter what I do I can't get the center support down far enough to get the snap ring in. Any ideas? Right now it bottoms out just about flush with the snap ring groove. I'm using a TPW rebuild kit with alto red clutches (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010R0JSK0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

Anybody have any ideas for me? This is my first rebuild, so my apologies if it's something dumb. Thanks!

Sam :confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright, someone correct me if I'm wrong here...

I did some more investigation and the unit I pulled apart only has 4 steels and 4 frictions, not 5 like the kit I got. I put 4 in and the thing fits like a glove! That must be it.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Can't believe you got this far and have only asked for help 2 times. I musta had dozens of posts when I did my first 350 which worked great('cept 4 leaks,fixed) BTW. Good luck with that PARK clip/thingy :welcome:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts