Hot Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I had to order a new forward drum w/ input shaft.

But they sent me one with the later style input shaft that has the teflon seal where it goes in the output shaft.

It will fit now that I pulled the bushing........but the shaft is 1/4" shorter than my old one.......and the spline length on the input side is not as long either.

Will this work or should I get the earlier style drum/input shaft?

Thanks, z

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
Hey. I had to order a new forward drum w/ input shaft.

But they sent me one with the later style input shaft that has the teflon seal where it goes in the output shaft.

It will fit now that I pulled the bushing........but the shaft is 1/4" shorter than my old one.......and the spline length on the input side is not as long either.

Will this work or should I get the earlier style drum/input shaft?

Thanks, z
If by "later style input shaft" you mean the shaft is for the TH350C w/lock up torque converter (used 1981- up), a non lock up torque converter will not fit the lock up style shaft.

If this is the case, get the older non lock up style input shaft.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If by "later style input shaft" you mean the shaft is for the TH350C w/lock up torque converter (used 1981- up), a non lock up torque converter will not fit the lock up style shaft.

If this is the case, get the older non lock up style input shaft.
No that's not it. Chevy upgraded the input shaft in 77 or so.......when you pull the bushing out of the output shaft, the newer style will fit ........but I worry about it being 1/4 inch shorter.......and the spline length being shorter too.....Sessions talks about the bushing/newer teflon seal....but doesn't elaborate on switching them......

z

·
Administrator
9,963 Posts
I toss out the shaft with the teflon seal....

the nick is nothing to worry about, unless there is a crack. oh wait, that question was on yellow bullet forum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.