Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Still chasing down a couple leaks on my TH350. Thought I had them all. Filled her up and let it sit all night and came into the garage to a puddle today. Looks like it’s leaking out of where the shift linkage connects. I’ll attach a pic.

What am i getting myself into? Is it just an o ring or two? That’s what I’m hopeful for. Is this a generic part I am looking for?
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Gas
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks guys! I have been chasing down a few leaks on my trans and I have another leak I guess, that I can't tell where it's coming from.

I was able to replace the shift shaft seal. I have put on a new pan gasket. I put in a new seal in the 1-2 accumulator. I have a new seal coming for the kickdown as that's leaking too. My issue is that I know have accumulating fluid on the rear rail of the trans, it's right behind the pan, on the flat surface of the trans body. I wish I got a pic when there was fluid but I cleaned it and then took the pic. There is minimal fluid (just from the TC) in the trans, but yet the last few mornings there has been fluid on that rail and on the ground. Am I missing another common leak spot?
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you checked the vent?
It can get clogged With crap.
Not going to lie, I am so unfamiliar with the TH350 it’s sad. A Ford C4, not a problem, but this TH350 is killing me. Where and what exactly is this vent you speak of. I will Google it up, but you can probably answer better haha

·
Burnt out transmission tech.
1,046 Posts
Not going to lie, I am so unfamiliar with the TH350 it’s sad. A Ford C4, not a problem, but this TH350 is killing me. Where and what exactly is this vent you speak of. I will Google it up, but you can probably answer better haha
Right side above the cooler lines. May be a small tube or could have a cap on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.