Hot Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have taken a small block chev from a 1983 Caprice and TH350 transmission and put it into a 41 Chev Deluxe Master. The problem I am having is the shifter and transmission works good for park, reverse, neutral D1 & D2 but it goes park, reverse , neutral, neutral, then drive, D1 . If you start in D2 and go backwards everything goes good. The connecting rod from transmission to shifter arm had to be modified along with the pivot spot on the frame the rod coming off the transmission goes to. Is this an inner transmission problem or linkage setup and what can I do? I bought the 41 Chev and 1983 Caprice as a set that was bought by some one else to build the car with but unfortunately died before he was able to start much. I was told the motor & transmission was in good shape and I drove it around the yard a little before dismantling it.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
shifter

so u have 2 neutrals ??? and all the others too ??? jack it up and have someone inside shifting and u underneath looking and see if u need to change pivot point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.