Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the tear done phase of my th350 rebuild, and I have a couple questions.

1. The govenor cover is dented, do I need a new one? if so where do I get one?

2. When I removed the 1-2 accumulator cover there was soppused to be a large spring then the piston, thing is I had to pull the cover out of there and found there was NO spring, just the piston?? Whats up here?

3. Checking endplay with the trans hanging from crane, in a near vertical positon. Dial indicator mounted of magnet base on oil pump zeroed, and I push up on the output shaft. The output shaft will move and then stop at 17 thousands, then if I push a little harder it will keep moving and stop for good at 47 thousands. The book says when vertical I should have between 10-45 thousands, which reading is correct???

btw, the trans was working properly as of a month ago.

any help would be great!!!

·
Registered
576 Posts

cap can be replaced with any 700 r4 just make sure you install a clip on case to prevent cap from coming off,spring was removed for a hard shift get a new one from tranny shop or parts place. cut 2 coils off new spring for a slightly firmer shift, or find a softer spring (poor man's way for shift kit). if tranny didn't have a bad failure (ie planets bad drums or damage of rear side of pump surface to drum's) don't get over concerned with end play its a 350. was the plastic governor gear apple cored ? check the end play after rebuild between direct drum to pump set that correctly

1 - 2 of 2 Posts