Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Th-350 shifting problems

hey, this project is my side project to my 1930 oldsmobile 3 window coupe hot rod , my 53 pontiac 2 door sedan and my most recent 1950 pontiac 2 door torpedo back straight eight car. the problem im having is with my buget beater 1982 s10 with a 350 and th350 combo. for somes reason when im driving it wont shift from 1st i believe to second but it will manually . could it be the vacume module isnt working ,it is hooked up to the carbouratorvacume outlet ? please help or send information either to this thread or to my e mail adress

[email protected]

thank you so much chris pilkie

·
Administrator
10,122 Posts
1930olds said:
hey, this project is my side project to my 1930 oldsmobile 3 window coupe hot rod , my 53 pontiac 2 door sedan and my most recent 1950 pontiac 2 door torpedo back straight eight car. the problem im having is with my buget beater 1982 s10 with a 350 and th350 combo. for somes reason when im driving it wont shift from 1st i believe to second but it will manually . could it be the vacume module isnt working ,it is hooked up to the carbouratorvacume outlet ? please help or send information either to this thread or to my e mail adress

thank you so much chris pilkie

check vacuum at the modulator. Direct hookup to manifold vacuum is needed.

Check for oil dripping from the vacuum line nipple on the modulator. There should be NO oil from the nipple for the vacuum hose.

what is the history on the t-350? mileage? age ?

is that unknown?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
th350

sorry i havent replyed latley atall i was on vacation well the trans was out of a 1980 c10 pickup my buddie bought for the cab
it was hit in the front so i helped him pull the cab and i got the engine/ trans it was about 120000miles on it

thanks man for those tips too appreciated alot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.