Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a th350 rebuilt with TCI "pro super kit" about 5 yrs ago behind a 406 sbc w/3500 stall and 4.33 in a 2900 lb 40 ford 2dr sedan that I use for street/strip untill my last trip to the strip. First time trial run car launched hard as usual, shifted great and ran right on the number. Second pass, burnout went well, footbraked to 3500, left on the light but just didn't launch hard, shift light came on and grabbed 2nd, but still wasn't really going. Shift light came on again and grabbed 3rd, by this time realizing that I wasn't spinning and have a prob. If I'm easy on the throttle, car moves fine and shifts through all gears, but hammer the gas and it's like neutral. I was able to load on trailer under its own power and drive into garage at home. Tranny fluid is smoked, magnetic drain plug is fuzzy. Could this be the clutch packs? Already has (or had) red eagle clutchs. Same in all gears. Not much of a tranny guy. Would really like to stay with a 350. Car runs good for street car, mostly cruise- ins, but 11.50's 1/4 and 7.20's 1/8. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Don't want to buy entire kit if don't have to. Looking to fix on the cheap. Two kids in braces and would like to stay married!

·
Banned
2,440 Posts
well if it does move at low speed. but not at high , i would think your on the right track with the clutch. do you have any leaks?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No leaks, no external signs of catastrophic failure. I should say moves/works at low rpm's, less than 1/2 throttle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts