Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Th350 Drive Gear Color / Tooth Question

JON69 SAYS HIS TH350 HAD A GREEN 7-TOOTH DRIVE GEAR ON OUTPUT SHAFT BUT TCI CLAIMS THE GREEN GEAR IS A 9-TOOTH UNIT. WHICH IS TRUTH HERE AS I DO NOT WANT TO PULL TAIL HOUSING OFF JUST TO COUNT TEETH SO I CAN ORDER THE PROPER DRIVEN GEAR. MY TH350 HAS A GREEN GEAR ALSO AS IT WAS INSTALLED WHEN PURCHASED FROM TCI IN 1990. JUST NEED TO KNOW IF THE GREEN DRIVE GEAR IS 7T OR 9T.
THANKS FOR ANY HELP. STEVE 383mc

·
when will it rain???
1,295 Posts
383mc said:
JON69 SAYS HIS TH350 HAD A GREEN 7-TOOTH DRIVE GEAR ON OUTPUT SHAFT BUT TCI CLAIMS THE GREEN GEAR IS A 9-TOOTH UNIT. WHICH IS TRUTH HERE AS I DO NOT WANT TO PULL TAIL HOUSING OFF JUST TO COUNT TEETH SO I CAN ORDER THE PROPER DRIVEN GEAR. MY TH350 HAS A GREEN GEAR ALSO AS IT WAS INSTALLED WHEN PURCHASED FROM TCI IN 1990. JUST NEED TO KNOW IF THE GREEN DRIVE GEAR IS 7T OR 9T.
if the trans was purchased through tci, and the speedo parts have never been changed, then id have to agree with tci. theres a few different manufacturers that produce speedo gears, and they dont carry the same colors as others per tooth count.

·
Registered
761 Posts
383mc said:
I ignore anyone who SHOUTS at me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.