Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to give away parts to local car guys as I don't want to scrap them, and not sure about what I believe is a 375 extension housing and output shaft, or if they even go with each other. The output shaft has a reluctor on it and is 27 spline. I thought all the older stuff would have a speedo gear there.

Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Gas Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Table Gas Engineering Desk

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah, I found a 5-1/2" extension housing as well. What the heck would that be from?
And can someone tell if those are 4 x 4 output shafts?

Automotive tire Microphone Rim Engineering Gas

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what's going on with that hammer?
What, the Pugsy special?
It's not for tranny work. I know I'm a bit of a hack, but not that much.

It's actually for metal shaping. Plastic one end and planishing hammer die in the other.

Or the blue one? That's for shaping over a hollow, like on a stump, or even the end of a piece of large pipe, hence it's name "hollowing hammer". It gets some stretch into the metal right quick.

Reactions: cerial

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, first post pics are Th-375, late-80's or early 90's and maybe even newer as the "3L80" in GM speak
Thanks. I thought they were older and was wondering about the use of a VSS so early.

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That 5-1/2" tail stock still has me baffled. Can't find it anywhere on line.

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like a 4L80E housing.
You may be right. I got my 4L80e ripped apart in boxes. I may have left this out as I have a GV unit bolting up to the back of it.
Better hang onto it.

·
Administrator
10,121 Posts
Flip the short tailhousing over. Is there an oil lube channel hole to the bushing? 4L80 tail is pressure fed to bushing.

The short T-400 output shafts were 4x4 length shaft for early 205 t-case applications, also 2 w-drive short tail

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Flip the short tailhousing over. Is there an oil lube channel hole to the bushing? 4L80 tail is pressure fed to bushing.

The short T-400 output shafts were 4x4 length shaft for early 205 t-case applications, also 2 w-drive short tail
Thanks

I've got three of the short output shafts. Did you see many of these break when you were in the business? Hate to toss something a fellow car guy might need one day.

yes, oil passage. It's the one off my rod's tranny as mentioned. I can't remember jack anymore.

Automotive tire Bicycle part Gas Rim Auto part

1 - 13 of 13 Posts