Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
400 tranny for 355 chevy

Is a 400 transmission too much for a 355 , or should I just rebuild my TH350c with steels and the reprogamming kit i have and what size stall.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tranny question

So it would be better to build the TH 350c than. I have a Transmission rebuild kit I bought from Oregon performance transmission that has the steels in the kit also. I also have a transgo reprogramming kit. Would this be a better thing to do, re-build the TH350c?

·
Administrator
9,768 Posts
BLUE82 said:
So it would be better to build the TH 350c than. I have a Transmission rebuild kit I bought from Oregon performance transmission that has the steels in the kit also. I also have a transgo reprogramming kit. Would this be a better thing to do, re-build the TH350c?

BLUE82...... you started asking questions within a thread of a different subject. I split off your post to a new thread.

GM used the t-400 behind a 350 chevy small block. They work well.

·
Registered
685 Posts
t-400 for a 355 cid chevy

As Crosley states,the 400 works well,tough trans. If you use the 350c and your not brutal,it will do well also.Much has been posted as to how good a th350 can be.

Now one word of caution. If you use the 350c,and you want lockup to work,do not leave the center seal out of the direct drum[dual feed piston].

This is a failsafe device GM uses for the converter clutch apply valve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts