Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what size bolts are threw-out the T-5's case(84 GM Borg Warner),i.e. tail housing, front bearing retainer, top of case, shifter. I have searched threw the threads here and looked it up on the net and haven't came up with anything. I was planning on replacing all the bolts with SS socket head screws, I took one to Lowe's to use there bolt/thread ID but they were stripped. I looked threw all the bolts they had and the closes I could come to was with one off the top case, it looked metric like a M6.......but there wasn't one in the SS socket head......just the plain steel socket head. any info would be very helpful.. I just would like to give thanks in advance so
Shawn

·
Banned
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
..............UPDATE!!!!!!!!, FOUND THEM :thumbup:
Just in case anybody is looking for the bolt size on the T-5, "like I was", look no further,They are METRIC and here they are,

Tail shaft(x8): M10-1.50x30
Input shaft bearing retainer(x4): M8-1.25x20
Top case cover(10): M6-1.00x20

I don't have the size for the shifter but I think there the same as the input shaft retainer,just a different length. Now
for the Case cover there are 10 bolts that hold it on but 2 of them are special so you might have to re-use those 2 and only buy 8 instead of the 10 I stated.
Also note that the tail shaft bolts have a head with a washer already built into them so if your not using a direct replacement bolt, you should uses washers with them.
SMOK'N :pimp:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.