Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'm new. I'm from East Tennessee. I'm getting ready to buld a shop, as soon as its done I'm gonna build a T.

But I'd really like to see the body before I buy it. So I'd like to get it somewhere local to me, where I can go pick it up. Be Bop's Glassworks is in my hometown (Athens, TN) but they don't make T bodies.

So do any of you know of any T body makers in the East Tennessee Area? I'll go glass cause I can't afford a steel body.

Thanks for your time,

Rob

·
Troll Hunter
2,694 Posts
Unlike the Deuces we handle, you can only get T's in glass unless it's original. There's a company not too far from us in Ill. that makes a neat T, the body is a little longer and they make a nice quality unit, I looked them over at last years trade show and again at Lousville, very nice. It's called Main Street rods or similar I'll post the URL a little later when I find it. I don't know of any in your area though.

·
Troll Hunter
2,694 Posts
Try this link, they are a father/son business and in my conversations with them at the shows seemed to be people that I would deal with.I love T's and that's why I checked these guys out. Although they don't have the selling power of a Deuce, I like a bare bones type of Rod and plan on building one for personal transport.

<a href="http://www.mainstreetrodco.com/index.php" target="_blank">http://www.mainstreetrodco.com/index.php</a>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man.

I'm going for a bare bones rod. I'm gonna put a 283 on a turbo 350 in it for now. Bare naked black primer with spray can flames. With a Ford 9" rear-end. Its gonna have lots of modern do dads on it for now. Steel wheels on white wall tires.

I'm gonna put a flat head or a nail head in it on a T5, and some other more expensive mods when I get enough pennies in the car fund pile.

Rob

·
Registered
13 Posts
There's a shop in Seymour, Tn that sells T-bucket bodies and frames. They're connected to West Haven Auto Parts. If you call them at 865-546-8494, they shouild be able to help. Also, their prices for the body and frame seems to be pretty reasonable, somewhere around $800. Hope this helps.

·
Rebuilt Excitment
595 Posts
Might look at Speedway motors, I have never used one of there glass bodies, I do know that they sell a kit with body frame and suspension for a little under 3,000. it all includes a rear end and a dropped front axle and as you know all of this stuff get expensive very quickly. check it out. :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Greetings T-BucketRob,If you have yet to find a T-Body, try this site tbuckets.com
It is a company named Total performance there business is T-Buckets and sell "Kits" in various stages. I own a T-bucket, built from the ground up, and have used their products though out my T. Mickey and his crew are very helpful and knowledgeable. But they are located in Wallingford,Ct. Check them out you will not be disappointed. Good luck,,Douglas will e-mail photos on requst. [email protected]

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Congratulations! You'll be enjoying the most uniquely American of all Hotrods when you ride in your bucket T roadster.
Just be sure to be able to sit in it, rather than on it! Use seat springs in the bottom cushion and a proper seat riser to angle the cushion for optimum comfort. Car-line Mfg. in Beaumont Texas makes new springs for the T.
You can build a T that is comfortable to drive 1000+ miles in to go to a national event!
You can build in a trailer hitch and take your luggage or even your bedroom with you!
You can build a civilized looking top instead of a "cartoon" car top!
You can enjoy your T as an everyday driver!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts