Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Heart Breaker and Life Taker
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Zenith Sentry 2 that turns on,but unless you play with it for like 10 minutes,You don't get a picture,but you get audio and everything else. Sometimes you don't even get a picture. But if you mess with the power (Plugging and un-plugging) and hitting the On/Off button a few times,she'll kick on all the way. I don't know whether it's the CRT or the power switch inside gone bad. I already know my tuner has gone bad. The only thing you can watch on her is AUX and thats it.

I'm a novice to these things so I may need simple instructions,lol.

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
431 Posts
Zenith sucks.
we've had 2 of them and both were junk.
the buttons and/or tuner are usually the first to go. then its the tube :smash:

·
Registered
1 Posts
For the price of TV's these days why bother, Just throw it out and buy another. They are trash able these days. In my neighbor hood on any garbage day there are at lest 5 TV's with-in a 3 block area that are been trashed I did pick-up a few over the years and they worked perfect I took those to an old age home in my area. Lawn mowers Lawn mowers and more lawn mowers. Most jut needed a spark plug and an oil change and a few adjustments and that was it.

·
Banned
431 Posts
Cruiseomatic said:
Really AKM? I've got anouther one from circa. '95 and still runs strong to this day.
well they do last about 3 years or so before taking a poo.
maybe the ones that i bought just suck.
of course how long is a TV suppost to last? we have an old black and white TV laying around somewhere thats probably 30 years old and still works fine......... so 3 years is not a very good TV IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts