Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Member# 3287
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help/ideas.

I've got a factory tach dash in my '67 Biscayne. A while back, my Pertronix (early model) malfunctioned and caused several backfires because the Pertronix ring was touching the main unit. It was firing all over the place. Anyway, I replaced it with an old points distributor and got it running.

Yesterday when I went out to start and warm the car up, I noticed the tach wasn't working. I jiggled the wires, but no tach.

I was just wondering if the erratic distributor could have affected the tach? Ever heard of that?

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
You didn't say but did the tack work after you changed distributors..if It did maybe the tach just died...try hooking up a different tach to the wires and see if that works. Your old one may have just died and its a coincident you just had trouble with the distributor.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Member# 3287
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I noticed the tach didn't work when I drove it to storage after the change. I thought maybe I forgot to hook it back up.

Got a PM from Docvette. He thinks I may have fried the tach. These tach and gauge dashes are really getting rare and expensive.

I'll try to tinker with it first and keep my fingers crossed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts