Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 77 nova, and as anyone who has one of these knows that the inner taillight housing is a very cheap almost paper fiber type material. I have 2 sets of these 1 set is a little busted up the other so far in ok shape. My question is what can i use to seal coat these and harden them? They are so brittle i want something pretty tough yet functional for replacing bulbs.

·
Banned
1,971 Posts
is your 77 nova 101435 on he end of the vin code ? i have been trying to find out where it went to after i sold it a few years ago,

i would think that fiberglass repair would work,

its too bad no one makes these yet

cant be too hard to make a mold of these and make them

if i knew how to make a mold and what plastic to use then i would reproduce them myself

there is a huge need for these out there, and no source

good luck

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know about the vin code as the car is in storage and the title probably lost right now but it was a cali car and i bought it 4 years ago in oregon. I was thinking the fiber glass too but i dont want it to get too thick that it doesnt work right and i think i would need alot of fiberglass on there to make it tough enough. I also thought about making a mold somehow so i could make new ones out of fiberglass. Why did you sell your nova? And do you have any parts for it still laying around?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.