Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
18,432 Posts
Probably a drop of cold water from that leaky roof..................I can see the water stains in the chipboard.

·
tryn to learn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
poncho62 said:
Probably a drop of cold water from that leaky roof..................I can see the water stains in the chipboard.
you are right, i just looked out there and the top of my car has water drops on it, and its bare metal! AHHHHH

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hope that hot element didn't land on the roof of your ride!
We had a Metal Halide lamp blow out in one of our warehouses a while back. The hot element landed on some paper products and if it hadn't have been for the sprinkler system and some quick work by the fire department, it would have burnt half the warehouse down.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Rough Service bulbs are a good precaution in garage door openers. They handle the vibration much better and usually survive the occasional water drops.

·
Administrator
18,432 Posts
OK...people , simmer down, or this thread will be on it's way to the dump.

Montea & daimon1054
...retracting your posts would be a good idea.

·
tryn to learn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
can a mod just delete all the posts not involving the subject? i hate to see it go to the dump, somone might be intrested in reading it. or maybe not i dont know.

·
Administrator
18,432 Posts
I agree, but I can't do it....only the Garage forum mod or Jon can do it.

Let's just try and get back on track.

3,214 Posts
I used to use the "rough service" bulbs with the coating on them. They were rough to the touch, like they were coated with some type of plastic. If they broke, the glass stayed there. Haven't seen them for a while, but guess they are still available somewhere. Alot of the RS bulbs appear to just have stronger elements to keep them from blowing out like a candle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts