Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Solo,
I am wanting to do the same thing. I hadn't found any info yet, but I have a few pics of extended cab and 4dr trucks of that model. I have a 50 1/2 ton that i am working on, and i have a parts truck that i had thought about making a 4dr truck out of. Let me know if you want those pics.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's a good idea Madd. Since you mentioned it, I begin to wonder about those models. Are they to an exact scale. I mean to the point that I could pull measurments off of it. I have a model of a 1950 chevy 3100, just like my real truck and I was wondering I could pull measurement off of the frame. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
16 Posts
fenderfat,
what kind of frame are you using in the pic? It kinda looks like a 80's model full size chevy frame. If it is, what kind of mods to the frame did you have to do to get the body to bolt up. I have an 86 chevy frame that I intend to put my 50 chevy 1/2 body on. It all looks like it will line up, except behind the engine, where the frames drops down. I was gonna build up the dip in the frame with some metal. That's what it looks you did. Thank you!

·
Registered
16 Posts
fenderfat,
After you get the truck put together, will the new model frame be visible. It looks kinda big. I had thought of doing that on my truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts