Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IVE GOT A 98 dodge pickup and i hauled off some junk and put a tarp on the bed, i hauled it about 45 miles to the dump and i noticed when i took the tarp off the paint had haze marks from the tarp on the top of the bed !! this truck was repainted before i got it and its black and the haze marks look terrible.. how do i get rid of these? thanks.. :(

·
Registered
34 Posts
"Haze" marks in paint

That haze is thousands of tiny scratches made by the action of the tarp threads flapping in the wind against the bed. Repair them as you would any other light scratches. Try polishing them out with compound and a soft wheel and hope the paint job has lots of clearcoat. If they are deep, take it to an knowledgeable paint man for his opinion (bring money)or the fluff and buff man at a used car lot (be humble). Another wealth of body care information is that ancient fellow at the hand car wash if there are any in your area. If you are not skilled with a polishing wheel, get someone who is to show you how to do it. It is very easy to cut through today's thin-skinned paint in seconds with a heavy hand on the buffer.
Consider installing bed top railing or protective plates or adding inside the bed cleats to secure the cover to the next time.
If the local shop inventory is thin inthis area, check out J.C. Whitney.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts