Hot Rod Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm putting a 383 stroker in my 1991 Suburban, the engine was custom built for the specific application and requires the 454 TBI body and injectors as well as the 454 fuel pump. I've got all the components but the wiring connectors are different, for example the vehicle harness has a four wire connector but the throttle body has a two wire, and the sensor is different as in non interchangeable, the engine will be in by the weekend as well as all other components so any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
The mobile view is crap
1,876 Posts
What connector are you talking about? You can buy a bolt on tbi replacement from a few aftermarket companies that bore the throttle bodies out to 2"throttle bores for more cfm.

·
Registered
14,168 Posts
Hello, I'm putting a 383 stroker in my 1991 Suburban, the engine was custom built for the specific application and requires the 454 TBI body and injectors as well as the 454 fuel pump. I've got all the components but the wiring connectors are different, for example the vehicle harness has a four wire connector but the throttle body has a two wire, and the sensor is different as in non interchangeable, the engine will be in by the weekend as well as all other components so any help will be greatly appreciated.
Go to this link >>> http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/tbi/456976-who-atually-using-gm.html<<<

Join the board so you can look at the pictures it all becomes clearer.

You will need a custom chip as well.

Bogie

·
Banned
9,993 Posts
no engine "requires the 454 TBI body", it can just make a little more hp with one. if you built a 383 for low end grunt though you may not see any benefit at all over the stock one- the important part will be the custom tuning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.