Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Tech and I grew up together and graduated from the same high school. He is currently living in Florida though I'm not sure how long that will last. I talk to him every now and again and the next time I do I'll mentioned that you asked.
By the way, that's him on the left in my avatar at my grandson's boot camp graduation, MCRD San Diego, Ca. 2015

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Tech left after he was proven wrong about the SFI cert program as I recall.
Who cares about that crap!
Tech is a wealth of knowledge!!!
My wife proves me wrong all the time...
No, you are not all that.
No, your fart does stink.
No, you cannot put the cat in the dryer.
I wish he was back. I could care less about a certification. That's why I have my own shop now.
I-CAR and big Insurance can kiss my ass.
We need more old grumpy people around here!!!!

·
Administrator
18,635 Posts
5 months.......That's about when the format change took place. Some members have a hard time dealing with changes....just sayin'

·
Hates: Liver. Loves: Diesel
6,311 Posts
The format change has been jarring. If it weren't for the good info and people on here I would have ditched as well. As it is, I'm not here nearly as much because of the format. I wouldn't fault anyone for leaving.

Have you seen what happened over at Pirate4x4?

·
Administrator
10,122 Posts
Clik Here: Thread ... Read posts 12 to post 15... This is when Tech1 left. I watched the exchange between members, waiting for a possible problem to start. It never did. Tech1 left this board

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,460 Posts
The format change has been jarring. If it weren't for the good info and people on here I would have ditched as well. As it is, I'm not here nearly as much because of the format. I wouldn't fault anyone for leaving.

Have you seen what happened over at Pirate4x4?

Yep!

·
Hates: Liver. Loves: Diesel
6,311 Posts
I was a regular here from about 2005-2015 but for a while we had a crop of doucheflutes that really muddied the water so I ditched. I'm tentatively back, but noticing some new doucheflutes and not really digging the VS format.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I don't know what life is bringing him but I hope and pray and wish Tech the best in life regardless of what he has ever done or said right or wrong on these forums over the years, we are all human and make mistakes and life is to short and from almost dying from unexpected cancer back in 2012 at the age of 36 years old and going from good health to poor health in such a fast time and not knowing day to day of your going to be alive or not and not have a next day really opens up ones eyes and lets you see just how fragile life can be at times.

I can say over the years I had a few rough times here and there in my learning experience with Tech and a few others who used to be here but one thing is for sure regardless of how he came off at times, he was a great guy and bottom line he always took a lot of his time to type out information and try to help others and maybe sometimes he may have come off kind of hard but at least he tried and took his time over all the years to give something priceless that I myself can't ever repay and that his sharing his information on here along with many others on here as well that has helped me out of many jams and also taught me a lot of information and educate me on more then I thought I would have ever known in life and that you can't put a price tag on and appreciate enough.

I know it might not seem like much to some folks and its no big deal but to me Tech and everyone else on here who has taken there time over the years since I was only 32 years old when I joined and now am 45, that have helped teach me and others deserve at least respect for taking there time to help and share there knowledge with many who have came and gone and left the forum as well and for me I never hold grudges in life or things against someone as much as possible because one day I know that my life can be gone and all that is left is the knowledge I have left behind for others in life as a gift if it taught them something that made there life better and easier and the ability to do something.

I sure hope the best for him and his family and friends.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.