Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys don't be too harsh, this is the first time I have ever done major body work, let alone painted a car. I got to my shop at 10 am (sunday) and it's now 3 in the morning (Monday) All told, I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 hours in the body. Anyway I had only planned on finishing blocking and get it ready to paint the jambs, but whne you in a groove you have to stay there. I haven't eaten since breakfast, it's like the old days out on a mission with little food.

Any and all opinions are welcome. Without further ado:

First one before:

Now to the fresh paint:

·
Registered
585 Posts
DUDE!!!!!!! I wish I could see it in person. :thumbup: I love the color choice. Is it base coat clear coat? I know what you are talking about, there have been days when I have stuffed a couple pieces of toast and scramble a couple of eggs and hit the door. Coffee and ciggarettes make up the rest of my daytil 3 or 4am. I got to get out in the garage recently to do some electrical work, and some other small things on this, http://hotrodders.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/25141
I didn't get out there till about 10 pm, everyone had gone to bed no wife no kids just me the coffee pot and the radio, boy was it nice!!!!! I came in about the time the sun came up. Got about 4 1/2 hrs of sleep, then went back at it again for a couple more hours. YOUR RIDE IS LOOKIN GREAT!!!!! :thumbup: Brian

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
she looks really good! considering this is the first time for you I'd definately say you've got some natural skills there! The only things I see in the photos that has me a little worried is the bottom door edges-do they have enough material on them? and the front edge of the left fender looks a little dry but overall a very nice job! Bob

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, BC/CC. Hot hues. I gotta say that the color layed extremly flat. With the exception of my dumb butt bumping it in a place or two, I didn't have any issue. The clear is gonne need a few runs sanded out and some trash in the clear cleaned up.

On the door edges, I shot the doors from behind laying down first, let em dry. flipped thm over and hit em all from the front around the edge. So I hope, as well, that there is enough color.

The front fender was actually very wet, so maybe it is just the pic. By Dry I imagine the color would look dusty? Not allowing the color or clear to meld together?

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
585 Posts
:thumbup:
armysniper said:
Yep, BC/CC. Hot hues. I gotta say that the color layed extremly flat. With the exception of my dumb butt bumping it in a place or two, I didn't have any issue. The clear is gonne need a few runs sanded out and some trash in the clear cleaned up.

On the door edges, I shot the doors from behind laying down first, let em dry. flipped thm over and hit em all from the front around the edge. So I hope, as well, that there is enough color.

The front fender was actually very wet, so maybe it is just the pic. By Dry I imagine the color would look dusty? Not allowing the color or clear to meld together?

Thanks for the info.
You'll be surprised at how well that paint will jump off the car when you wet sand and buff it!!! I've seen some paint jobs at a friend of mines body shop that looked like some one had thrown a hand full of dirt at it while it was wet and his " Genius " son God of the wet sand and buff would hit it with the DA sander and buffing compound and it would be so flat and slick as a baby's butt. I would like to see pics with better lighting. I bet it looks really good in the sun!!Brian

·
See project in Photo Album
203 Posts
Looking great! Can't wait to see the assembled car out in the sunshine :cool: .

I know what you mean by working in the shop on not much food. That has been my weight loss program this winter, work on truck, be too busy to stop and eat and watch the lbs come off!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.