Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 Z28 camaro and i am looking to buy a test pipe. I was just wondering what they advantages and disadvantages would be to I was also wondering if i would get any horepower gains or if it would sound better. Right now i have a Flowmaster cat back system with stock y pipe and converter. How do u think this would turn out?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Test pipe

Probably will run better with test pipes, but you will have to put them on yourself. Federal regulations will keep shops from doing it for you. And if you have State vehicle inspections make sure you put the factory converters back on before going.
As far as running if you don't have o2 sensors after the Cat. Converter you should not set a service engine soon light. Your exhaust will flow better. I don't think you will see a major increase in performance, but you should see some. And you may have that "tin can sound" with a test pipe. I've heard people say that there car or truck runs a 100% better with test pipes. They don't cost a lot I'd try it and you be the judge.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW!! I took off tha converter after i cmogged it and put on the test pipe and it sounds AWESOME!!! There really wasnt that much of a horsepower gain but it sounds like i have a 454 under the hood and its only a 350. I think my converter was messed up anyway but the sound increase was amazing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.