Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys , this is the trans that I got from my buddy, i cleaned it up and painted it last night, there is a cable on the passenger of the trans. (just in front of the lines that go into the radiator), this cable has a spring on it and I have no idea what it is?? There isn't one on the th-350 that's in my truck now.. sorry I know the pictures aren't very good.. thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
JJ350 said:
Guys , this is the trans that I got from my buddy, i cleaned it up and painted it last night, there is a cable on the passenger of the trans. (just in front of the lines that go into the radiator), this cable has a spring on it and I have no idea what it is?? There isn't one on the th-350 that's in my truck now.. sorry I know the pictures aren't very good.. thanks.

Thats a kickdown cable, it also governs throttle pressure, I think. It needs to be hooked to carb. Find someone that has an automatic 350 in their vehicle and check it out.
Your truck was a stick before, I presume?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dgcantrellsr, honestly I don't know yet, I'll know when I pull the trans. I couldn't find any casting numbers on the one in my pics. The reason why I'm questioning it being a kickdown is the cable (it appears) isn't long enough to reach the carb. in any application. The cable is only about a foot and a half at best. I'm sure I'm wrong and I"m sure the trans that's in my truck now has a kickdown but I just don't remember seeing it. I know that sounds dumb...

·
Administrator
18,635 Posts
Many of thye T200-250 (metric) trans didn't have the kickdown cable....late 70-early 80s. I didn't think they put them in trucks...maybe...usually came on the 267-305s.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, that might bring up another issue, I've no idea what size my motor acutally is. I was told it was a 350 but I won't really know until I pull it saturday. Everything I bought for it (intake, valve covers) etc. has been for a 350, I don't know the exact difference between the two block gemometrically , not sure there is a difference...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PONCHO, the engine and trans is in the truck. I don't know the year.. I was told by my buddy that the motor/trans came from a camero. He didn't know for sure. He bought the truck from a dealership and I bought it from him. The trans went out so my buddy gave me another trans to put in it. I won't know any specs of the motor until I pull it saturday. I'm only going off what my buddy told me... Which doesn't really mean squat if he doesn't know for sure. The title for the truck doesn't say anything about engine size... Is there any other way of finding out if it's a 350 or 305 besides the casting or acutally measuring the bore?? I don't like not knowing , but one thing I do know is the motor is a very strong good running motor...

·
Banned
1,971 Posts
why dont you just give us the numers we can look them up then if you arent willing to

the early camaros has a th200c for auto trans in 82 and 83 only, no other auto trans was in these years of the f body cars

so its probably a 200c if its from an 82 83

11 bolt pan shaped exactly like a th350

but they had a cable

you really have no idea wat you have til you show us pics or giv us pan bolt count and shape

all th350 had a cable

this isnt rocket science, you are making this alot harder than it really is

do a google

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I realize that my little questions may not be up to the caliper of most on this site. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the hotrod website that everyone with all ranges of experience can ask questions without worring about how stupid or lack of importance they're questions may be. I've only been a member for a couple of months but I gotta say , i just may reconsider my membership..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.