Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have TH350C and Have the B&M Transpak shift kit anD I cant get the Front servo out of the case to change the spring out. How can I get it out or can I use the stock spring and work prperly?

·
Registered
685 Posts
TH-350c shift help

I think you mean the accumulator on the right side of the trans.

If so,look at the case,lower left side,right where the accumlator cover is.

There is a hole, cast in the case. With an awl,or pick,anything thin enough and stout enough,push it thru the hole.

This will force the snap ring out of the groove,so you can remove the cover and spring.

Two things...Best to use a big screw driver or bar,pushing in on the cover, to releive some of the pressure,from the spring,when you do this.

And it's real easy to cut,or damage the new o'ring[for the cover].

This is important. With the spring not yet installed,put the o'ring on the cover,see if the cover will install into the case with just a little resistance.

If so,this is how you should install it.

If not,install the o'ring into the case first,then the spring,then the cover.

Use lot's of lube.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are talking about the accumulator on the side of the trans then thats not what I am talkin about, The spring I am talkin about is in between the valve body and the case. In the shift kit directions they call it the front servo. thanks

·
Registered
685 Posts
TH-350 shift Help

Well look at the bright side,at least you now know how to get the accumulator on the side of the trans out!

OK,if you are talking about the intermediate servo,which is in the case,after you remove the valve body,there should be no problem.....unless you are working on a 250C trans.

Alright,first things first. Is the unit out,laying on it's back,or is the unit still in the car?

Do you know the difference between a 250 and a 350?

Do you have the valve body off? If so,is there hole in the valve body[about 2 inches in diameter],or is there a piston in the valve body.

If there is a hole,and there is a piston spring thing still in the case,leave it in the case,this is a 250C.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.