Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a newly rebuilt th350 with less then 500mi. on it and I was a pint low so added it. Then it all leaked out the kickdown cable at the point where the braided cover starts . About 3 " from where it enters the tranny.
IS IT POSSIBLE THE SEAL IS DAMAGED FROM A CABLE ADJUSTMENT THAT PULLS OUT to far.
I will be putting on a new pan soon and will pull the cable seal to see if it is damaged.
Is this braided cable supposed to leak? Dumb ?. :confused: w

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have since searched this sites threads and found one other that has a stainless braided kickdown cable for a th350 that leaked where the braid was not sealed to the aluminum tube that attaches to the tranny. And is only a 1/2 taller then full mark on the dipstick. Therefor when the car sits and fluid drains down it comes out the braid. Why would anyone make an unsealed cable. E-bay crap.
Anyone else run into this problem? I coated the braid with black gasket maker a few more inshes I'll see how long this lasts. :welcome:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Cape Cod Bob said:
I have since searched this sites threads and found one other that has a stainless braided kickdown cable for a th350 that leaked where the braid was not sealed to the aluminum tube that attaches to the tranny. And is only a 1/2 taller then full mark on the dipstick. Therefor when the car sits and fluid drains down it comes out the braid. Why would anyone make an unsealed cable. E-bay crap.
Anyone else run into this problem? I coated the braid with black gasket maker a few more inshes I'll see how long this lasts. :welcome:
Get rid of the chinese crap and replace with a Lokar or stock and yer problem is solved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.