Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an 87 ext cab s10 that was already converted to v8/th350. I bought the truck minus the v8 which was fine because I just happened to have a very healthy one to put in. So anyways it has been well over a year since I put the motor in and the truck has been perfect. The th350 that came with the truck was supose to have been just rebuilt and to this point a perfect tranny. Yesterday I hooked on to a 2500lb trailor to use to remove debris (from hurricanes) I was traveling and suddenly I am blowing tranny fluid smoke all over the place so I pulled over to prepare myself to replace a line. I wiped everything down started the truck back up in park and could find no leak.**first thought is if a line is leaking it wont matter wheather it is under a load or not. but no leaks at all. I topped the tranny off and tried agian only to find myself blowing smoke agian. I parked the trailer and took off home wondering what was going on. All the way home I blew no smoke at all. I got home and cleaned everything and dried it. I topped the tranny off and started it up and got on my creeper and laid under the truck for 20 min and no leaking at all. So I thought perhaps that under a load one of the lines was swelling so I went and bought all new lines and replaced them. I checked for leaks and there were none. I set off to go get the trailer and had no problems at all I drove 25 miles and when I got to where the trailer is I checked for any signs of leaking and everything was as dry as it could be. I hooked on to the trailer feeling everything would be ok and just after 2 miles I was leaking like crazy once agian. What is going on guys? When looking there is know way to tell where that fluid is coming from but really looks like perhaps the front seal area or the front of the pan but I figure if it was the pan there would not be any fluid on the flywheel or torque converter. Anyone been through this before? Its a 9in tail th350 and I have a ready to go 6 inch but dont have the means to extend the drive shaft.

just-speed

Sorry everyone! I posted in the wrong section. I started a new thread after reading someone else's and did not see that they had posted in the wrong section

justspeed

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fixed

After installing a bigger cooler and mounting a fan to it I have yet to have a leak. But I have yet to pull a heavy load.

just-speed

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeap that is what I installed.

just-speed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.