Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody my transmission is a th350, i shift manually the problem is that it dont shift from 2nd to 3rd it slips in 3rd the revs go up i replaced all the clutches in the forward and direct drums and the problem continued, what you think. Another question i read in this forum to eliminate the 1-2 and 2-3 accumulator springs in the valve body, i want to know where this springs are.Thank you.

·
Administrator
18,635 Posts
Re: Re: th350 slips in 3rd

oldschoolrods said:
doesn't sound like a good way to get your questions answered to me....:nono:
I will try to help him out.....................moving to transmission forum....where it belongs. Lucky that it doesn't go to the dump.

·
Administrator
10,122 Posts
If 3rd is slipping , you have a pressure problem or a clutch clearance problem.

Seafoam aint gonna help a fresh tranny if it was rebuilt correctly and the seals are fresh

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much Crosley, i installed a new front pump and the problem continued, i didn't say the tranny slips in reverse a lot too,i think it must be the direct drum because the piston was machined for a five pack, please Mr Crosley what clearances are recommended for the 2nd, forward and direct clutch packs to obtain best results, an how can i put the pressure in main line about 200psi, another question i readed from mikes transmission if you spin the motor more than 5000rpm in 1st gear is better to drill a 1/16 bleed hole in the direct drum, where this hole must be drilled. Thank you. My tranny have a shift kit from B&M.

·
Left Nut, Right Nut....Squish!
363 Posts
Im not that way. Racism isnt one to be mesed with.
Do you treat your car the same as you treat fellow members? Cuss at it, kick it couple times, floor it to get it hot and hope it does something good for you?
Not the way it works.

Take it to the transmission shop and tell the shop guy what you said in the above quoted, see if you get help. I seriously doubt it.

Sorry crosley, m&m, I shouldnt have even wasted a post on this subject let alone let it be bumped back to the top, but thats some lowdown racist crap there.

------------------

-Thank you for editing the quote out of my post Crossley much appreciated. Much cleaner without it too :)

·
Administrator
10,122 Posts
It is real simple with me..... stay on topic in each thread.

The post with offensive comments was edited .

We often forget the internet is world wide, not only the USA.

If this thread ( or any thread) gets nasty and off subject I will "dump it".

No personal attacks will be tolerated. IF you disagree with a post , offer a correction on the facts . Do NOT attack the person

If you have further questions please read the rules for this board first , then send me or Jon ( admin guy) a PM if needed

Have a great day!

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Crosley said:
If this thread ( or any thread) gets nasty and off subject I will "dump it".
If you have further questions please read the rules for this board first , then send me or Jon ( admin guy) a PM if needed
Have a great day!
I wasn't around to see the offense, but I AM NOT afraid to simply delete it when it goes over a certain threshhold.

I checked my e-mail minutes before this post, and was not able to see who offended with what, and I do not care at this point, Crosley did the correction and with whatever he did I will agree.

We moderators are able to correct mistakes, spelling, and delete single posts or entire threads, move threads to another forum, or IF WE SEE FIT- delete them alltogether which is a last resort.

That is all we are able to do, we have been asked in the past to do other things, we can only refer the request to Jon which in many cases is not necessary.

If anyone were to do this sort of thing via the Private Messaging (PM) system, the board would be nicely voided of major attitudes and piddly things that probably should never show up in a post for everyone to see.

I personally, THINK before I submit posts or save changes to them, and have many times just not done it.

The Private Messaging button is located just below-
right about here V in EVERY post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.