Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Wish I grew up in the 60's
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all that have replied on my prior issues - the 67 Camaro now starts and runs all day long, but....

While the engine is idling at initial start-up, the car wants to move backwards. I can certainly hold it with the brakes, but as I let off it begins to roll in reverse. I have had to put in modified linkage as it was originally a Powerglide. (I purchased a kit specifically for the application.)

My thinking is that I don't quite have the linkage set at the right point so it is solidly in Park, but am willing to take any thoughts anyone may have.

I have also added 5-6 quarts of fluid, as I drained the trans before I installed it, but left the torque converter in and didn't mess with it. The dipstick shows an overfill situation, but I assume that when I get the shifting sorted out and into drive a few times it will be at about the right level.

·
Some Punk Kid
786 Posts
There is a paul that holds the car in place in park, so it shouldn't roll(except for maybe a half inch). Get somebody to put an ear to the pan or use a stethoscope and listen to see if you can hear each gear. There is a tensioned roller on a rooster comb and you will hear a positive click or clunk like sound for each gear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.