Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well some of you may remember that i have a th350c i pulled from an 81 chevy pickup i junked years ago that was powered by a 350 olds diesel.

i saved it over the years in case i ever needed it for anything.

i got rid of the diesel torque converter thinking i could easily locate a cheap gasoline version one

in which i have been proven very wrong

its a perfectly good trans id like to make available for use instead of taking up space here as usual.,

can i simply hack off the o ring center input shaft and use a non-C converter?

just to run the trans?

thanks

·
when will it rain???
1,295 Posts
fast68 said:
ok well some of you may remember that i have a th350c i pulled from an 81 chevy pickup i junked years ago that was powered by a 350 olds diesel.

i saved it over the years in case i ever needed it for anything.

i got rid of the diesel torque converter thinking i could easily locate a cheap gasoline version one

in which i have been proven very wrong

its a perfectly good trans id like to make available for use instead of taking up space here as usual.,

can i simply hack off the o ring center input shaft and use a non-C converter?

just to run the trans?

thanks
no,the stator must be changed, and the t.c.c. valve needs to be blocked, and a hole drilled in the small plate next to the tcc body.
as far as a converter goes, whatever it takes trans parts has 1, heres the link:https://www.wittrans.com/QuestionParts.aspx?Question=1641

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.