Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
towards the back of a th350 case on the passenger side theres a long skinny valve that runs parallel to the trans.

there must be a cap or something that retains it on the exterior of the case casting

there is an o ring

it is around 3/4" diameter

mine came out of my th350c trans as i was flipping it over to pull the pan

i cant find a cap or retainer or anything

no spring either

i put the valve back in the hole and it slides in all the way and bottoms out

what am i missing

i been saving this good tranny for all these years until i could ever some how find a gas engine torque converter for it, because this one was in an 81 chevy 2wd pickup with diesel olds 350 from factory.

and now this ****ing happens

dammit.. :spank: :mad:

help ?

thanks

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,982 Posts
You can relax. ;)
The modulator goes in the hole. A bracket holds it in place. It bolts in that threaded hole just above it.

·
Banned
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah crap i forgot all about the modulator i must have robbed it for another trans

i swear the modulator is on the trans but maybe not, damn lol

i need to look again

thats a real brain fart haha wow..

hmm

i freaked out when i saw a valve and o ring on the ground and a hole in the case that it came from.

so im not missing anything right?

only the valve and mod valve go in the hole and no spring or anything else?

how does that mod valve pull or push this valve in this hole if it simply goes all the way in and bottoms out without any resistance or anything ?

seems really odd to me

thanks

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,982 Posts
Line pressure keeps it in place. As the vacuum pulls it open the pressure pushes it back.

There's also governor pressure and detent, so its all pretty much a mystery to me still :drunk: , but all these things keep it in place w/o a spring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.