Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to pull the transmission on my Chevy and I want to put in a bolt-in transmission mount. The previous owner welded in a mount from some donor car. I remembered seeing an article a couple of years ago in R&C (I think) but cannot find the article that listed who made the engine/trans mounts for these early Chevys.

Does anyone know of a company who makes a TH400 into a '52 Chevy bolt-in transmission mount?

Thanks for your help.

29guy

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
You should be able to easily modify a stock GM crossmember froma Camaro or Nova or other midsize car to use in yours. Might even be as simple as adding a couple brackets to the frame and bolting the stock member in place.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
Try TCI...Total Cost Involved.....they make crossmembers and mounts for a lot vehicles.

·
Registered
17,612 Posts
When I do swaps like this, I use the outer thirds of the original mount so that I have two stubs bolted to the car, then just fill in the middle third with a piece of the middle of a crossmember that will fit the transmission. Weld the 3 pieces together and you have a low-buck mount that unbolts like stock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
great crossmember

Walton Fabrication makes a great crossmember and a trick booster/brake/pedal combo. They have a web site so I would google them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts